1. Acquisition of Personal Information
We request the following information from our customers.
- Basic customer information (name, address, telephone number, facsimile number, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, nationality, passport number, date of arrival, date of departure, accommodation before and after the stay, etc.)
- Additional information not listed above (e.g., occupation, employer information, etc.)
- Payment information (credit card number, electronic payment registration information, bank account information, billing/receipt address information, etc.)
- Service usage information provided by the Company (reservation history, accommodation history, other service usage status, etc.)
- Information sent to the Company by customers (information obtained by the Company from reservation forms, e-mail addresses, inquiry details, facsimile, telephone notes, letters, survey information, etc.)
- Information collected through the security system (security cameras, etc.) installed in Kusakabe Folk Crafts Museum and TANIYA
- Information automatically collected on TANIYA’s website (terminal information, cookies and anonymous IDs, IP addresses, location information, browser type, access date and time, etc.)
2. Purpose of using Personal Information
We acquire and use our customers' personal information for the following purposes and will not use it for any other purposes unless otherwise stipulated by law or unless we separately present the purpose of use.
- To contact customers to confirm reservations, etc.
- To provide services, products, and information to customers
- To conduct marketing activities
- To analyze our services and products for improvement
- To send questionnaires for further improvement of our services
- To ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of use of services provided through our website and mobile site
- To protect our customers and the services provided through our website and mobile site, etc.
- For purposes of use that are separately specified or announced to customers
3. Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose or provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases.
- When we have the consent of the customer
- When disclosure or provision of personal information is required by law
- When disclosure or provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of human life, health, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent
- When disclosure is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children, and when it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and when obtaining the customer's consent may impede the execution of such affairs.
- When it is necessary to disclose or provide personal information to a subcontractor, within a reasonable scope, to provide services to customers, etc.
4. Management of Third Parties
When we outsource all or part of our services or products to a third party, we strictly require and manage the third party to handle personal information with appropriate security measures.
5. Disclosure, Correction, and Deletion of Personal Information
We respect the rights of our customers and will respond within a reasonable time and scope to requests for disclosure, correction, or deletion of their personal information after confirming the identity of the customer or other person making the request.